Re: gEDA-user: schem 20070526 from source

On Friday 15 June 2007 16:19:51 Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:52:32 +0100, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> > The path is set in system-gafrc.  Check there (line 133, probably).
>
> Thanks for hinting.
> system-gafrc itself was missing. After I manually copied the file to
> /usr/local/share/gEDA/system-gafrc gschem started with the default
> window. But when I tried to load a *.sch file the application threw lots
> of smbol not found warnings and segfaulted. I realized, that the symbols
> package also needed to be installed. Now gschem seems to work fine. This
> dependency should be noted in the readme of the sources download.

In the next release, system-gafrc will no longer be part of the symbols
package.

However, several symbols required by gaf for internal working will still only
be distributed as part of the symbols package, so for the foreseeable future
the symbols package will always be required.

Regards,

Peter

--
Fisher Society                              http://tinyurl.com/o39w2
CU Small-Bore Club                          http://tinyurl.com/mwrc9

      09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0            peter-b.co.uk