Re: gEDA-user: schem 20070526 from source

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:52:32 +0100, Peter TB Brett wrote:

> The path is set in system-gafrc.  Check there (line 133, probably).

Thanks for hinting.
system-gafrc itself was missing. After I manually copied the file to
/usr/local/share/gEDA/system-gafrc gschem started with the default
window. But when I tried to load a *.sch file the application threw lots
of smbol not found warnings and segfaulted. I realized, that the symbols
package also needed to be installed. Now gschem seems to work fine. This
dependency should be noted in the readme of the sources download.

The reason why I built from source, was the ability to scale the
postscript font on printouts. At my place, fontsize on paper is about 25%
smaller on paper than in gschem. I put
	(postscript-font-scale 2.5)
into my gschemrc file, but fontsize did not seem to care. Do I have to
resort to the CVS version to take advantage of this feature?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      tel: +49-511-762-2895