Re: gEDA-user: Switching regulator question

Randall Nortman wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 10:46:31AM -0700, Steven Michalske wrote:
>> Putting a LC filter on the output of the bridge rectifier will help
>> you out.
>
> I looked briefly at LC filters to handle 120Hz ripple.  Requires some
> pretty large, expensive inductors

I think he was meaning to put in an easy to afford inductor and get
a sl. smaller peak voltage, stop stop switcher transients from adding on,
which might open up more cap parts that can handle it.
Caps that can handle it are not cheap -->  polypropylene film -- not the cheapest.

and like DJ said...block the RF from coming back at your rectifier caps.

John Griessen