Re: gEDA-user: How to divide large symbols in smaller units?

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 04:49:24PM -0700, Andy Peters wrote:
> Xilinx got beat over the head about that.  Unlike the earlier Spartan
> 3 and 3E parts, the 3A and 3AN parts can use a 3.3V VCCAUX.  They
> still use a 1.2V core so you need at least two supplies.

Good to know.  If they are ever in stock, maybe I'll use them.  ;-)

> The killer feature of the 3AN parts, of course, is the internal
> configuration EEPROM.

Altera OEMs the ST M24P* series of serial flash memory.  So (if I remember
my parts right) a EPCS4 is a ST M25P40.  THe ST parts are a loooot cheaper.
I am factoring that in to the price equation -- the Altera parts are
way overpriced.

BTW, I just found out that that there's a "Serial Flash Loader" (SFL)
that lets you program a EPCSn style chip via the JTAG port, so you don't
really need the separate config header.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>