Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/gaf git repository now online

Hi Ales,

On 6/21/07, Ales Hvezda <ahvezda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I will add/convert more as necessary.

try just git-cvsimport... it's easier...

> For the start of a document of how to work with the git repository
> check out:
>
> http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:scm
>
> Please do not push anything yet as I need to:
>
> 1) update some hooks to fire properly,
> 2) I don't think I have the permissions setup correctly, and
> 3) there are some git procedures that need to be nailed down and
>    documented.

Please... do not let anyone but the maintainer (that would be you)
apply patches directly to the git repository. If do as I say, every
single patch should be sent to the mailing list, that would be the
only path in order to get them applied to git repository.

After everybody agrees with the patch, you can save that message in a
different mailbox and run:

git-am <mailbox_with_patches> in the root directory of geda's git.

and also... it's nice for you to create several branches... for
instance at linux-omap we use something like this:
linux-omap
     | ----- omap-drivers
     | ----- omap-fixes
     | ----- omap-upstream
     | ----- master (of course)

master is the main branch which will everyone will checkout from.
omap-drivers applies new drivers
omap-fixes applies fixes to existing code
omap-upstream is merged to prepare a patchset to send to linux-2.6
(linus' tree).

--
Best Regards,

Felipe Balbi