Re: gEDA-user: geda, pcb and cygwin

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:31:53 -0400, Dan McMahill wrote:

> 1)  building on cygwin and running with the X version of gtk under
> cygwin - you should just be able to do the usual
>
>    ./configure
>    make
>    make install
>
> If you don't want png/jpeg/gif export then use the configure option that
> picks the exporters you want compiled in and you won't need the gd
> library.

Ok, I'll try that first. Export to pixel graphics is not a central
feature. In fact, I never used it until now :-)

> 4) cross compiling from some other system.  Again I have no experience
> but as Peter has pointed out, it is possible.

If I got him right, he produced the binaries for the install file he
posted that way. The result is impressive --- The file installed like a
charme. No cygwin, no Xserver. This seems to me the way to go. Maybe his
build script can be modified to do the same trick to geda/gschem...

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211