Re: gEDA-user: Mac OS X 10.4: GNU MP required by guile-1.8.1 ..

Use fink to install guile and gmp,  save yourself all the work that
others have done for you.

Use fink to install all your dependencies.

The developers and maintainers of fink do a lot of patching.
I also know an apple co worker that patched up GMP a couple of times
before and trust me GMP won't fall out of graces at apple,  we do to
much scientific computing, oddly enough the patches seem pretty
darned small to make it work on macintosh intel platform, I don't
know why they don't fix the 4.x branch for them.  Basically the
assembly for ELF vs darwin have some differences,  from reading the
fink info files.

Steve