Re: gEDA-user: gEDA/gaf stable version 1.0.1-20070626 released!

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 07:28:32 Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On 6/27/07, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> > I am pleased to announce the first ever stable release of gEDA/gaf:
> > 1.0.1-20070626.  The focus of this release was bug fixing.  This is also
> > the first release created using git.  Many thanks to everybody involved.
>
> Just some quick questions which are making my life uneasy:
> - does this release fully supports guile-1.8 ?
> - is this release compatible still with guile-1.6 ?

As far as I know, yes.  Most of the changes are infrastructure changes either
in the build system or in support for git.

The following are actual code changes:

Ales Hvezda
      Fix bug #1741452, segfault on "Include component as individual objects"
      Fixed the odd behavior of not cancelling the placement of components.

Carlos Nieves Onega:
      Changed nil by #f.

Dan McMahill:
      guile-1.8.1 fixes and testsuite additions.

Peter TB Brett:
      Fix unused variable warning in gattrib (not gnetlist).
      Help menu updates.

As you can see, this is more-or-less a bugfix release, and also a chance to
test out the release procedure using git.

Hopefully the first release on the unstable branch (1.1.1) should happen soon.
*prods Ales* ;) There are _lots_ of code changes waiting there.

Cheers,

Peter

--
Electronic Systems Engineer