gEDA-user: PCB reacts different than discribed in tutorial

Hello!

Thanks  for  the help so far. Now going through the tutorial further I noticed
that the new rat-lines in PCB sometimes  get  drawn  with  red  outlines  when
moving  the element but most of the time not, leaving the old brown ones where
they were. Is this a bug or a feature I don't understand?

When  drawing  lines  the  rat-lines  don't  vanish  and the line tool behaves
differently when clicking on a rat-line-point than it does else where. Is this
ment to be?

Also by keeping on reading I found the answers to my footprint questions;-)  I
know: rtfm.
It  seems the list for m4 elements is not up to date. And I am still wondering
how newlib, pcblib and pcblib-newlib  differ.  In  pcblib  there  is  a  "805,
chip_capacitor"  wich  seems  not to be the same as "Capacitor, smd chip 805".
Why's that?

Also for creating new elements in PCB I am looking for  a  method  to  prevent
"snap to grid".

Thanks
Lynx

(It's a great tutorial!)