Re: gEDA-user: poll: How do you geda?

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> I am curious, just how heterogeneous the group of geda users and
> developers is. So I thought, I'd start this little non-random sample poll
> in the mailing list:
>
> * What OS do you run geda applications on?

Linux (openSUSE 10.x)
Mac OS X (10.5 Intel)

> * How did you install your copy of geda apps?

Prepackaged rpms (opensuse build service, or fink for mac)

> * Which apps do you use. What is your typical workflow?

gschem/pcb for board design,

iverilog/gtkwave for fpga design. Usually, the vendor free tools
for the actually FPGA synthesis.

> * Did you (have to) modify portions of geda to suit your needs?

gschem/pcb, no.

iverilog, yes because I do anyhow;-)

> * What is the general flavor of your projects? (analog, digital, HF)

Digital.

 > * What is the greatest weakness of gEDA?

Editing lispy files to configure gschem is just plain wacky. There
needs to be a preferences pane like the rest of the world now does
it.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,