Re: gEDA-user: Using mm units in .pcb files

> DJ is fast on the draw... by the time I saw this thread he already
> has a patch.  I was thinking of doing something similar.  This will
> be quite handy.

:-)

> As a handy extension, it would be convenient to be able to specify a
> default unit that applies to an entire footprint, so that a unit of
> "mm" or whatever didn't have to appear after every number.

That would be tricker because you'd have to have communication between
the parser and the lexer, so it knows *which* default prefix to use.
Or, we'd have to move the scaling to the parser instead.  Change
"NUMBER" to "number" and make it a sub-rule that scales its value.
You'd also need to add a syntax for that default.  And then someone
will want a default for the PCB itself, etc.

Of course, if someone wants to do it, I won't stop them ;-)