Re: gEDA-user: egg on face removed... but why...?

xgsch2pcb handles this all for you, and can also update new components
into a running copy of PCB. (It drops them in a pile in the top corner).

I must try Peter's xgsch2pcb but I am a wee bit wary of dropping components
onto the PCB.  The pins have a nasty knack of sticking to existing traces
and once moved drag the traces into a mess.  I have two solutions,
file/preferences/size and make the work area bigger than the PCB and drop em
into the empty space or turn off the copper layers.  Regards Ian.