Re: gEDA-user: how convert the routed pcb to use a copper ground plane

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 17:23:43 +0200, Willem Granjé wrote:

> but I did not find the command MorphPolygon(),

Citation from the pcb manual

/-----------http://pcb.sourceforge.net/pcb-cvs/pcb.html------------
MorphPolygon(Object|Selected)

Converts dead polygon islands into separate polygons.

If a polygon is divided into unconnected "islands", you can use this
command to convert the otherwise disappeared islands into separate
polygons. Be sure the cursor is over a portion of the polygon that
remains visible. Very small islands that may flake off are automatically
deleted.
\---------------------------------------------------------------

> how to set/click it?

This feature has not been included into the GUI yet (neither GTK, nor
lesstif). However, you can take advantage of the command line input
inside pcb:

	1) Select the polygon

	2) Type a colon (:) to enter command line mode.

	3) Enter
		morphpolygon(selected)

	4) Hit the [return] key

BTW, how many more treasures are hidden below the surface like that?
Skipping a few items below in the manual I find the renumber command. It
is supposed to issue a file of changes which could be interpreted by the
schematic capture application. Is there any way to take advantage of this
feature with gschem?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak