Re: gEDA-user: gEDA pcb features

michalwd1979 wrote:

> I was working on my board last day and PCB confused me. Can someone explain a few points for me, please?
> I am using GTK version 20080202. The menus are not the same as described in manual, for ex. where is screen menu? Is this related to the GTK hid?
> I red that GTK hid ignores mouse section from gpcb-menu.res file, but I can use wheels to zoom in/out. However I can not set imwheel program to work with pcb.
> For gschem I was able to easy set imwheel to zoom in/out on thumb buttons, and pan schematics on wheels, but it does not work for pcb. It seems that keys imitated
> by imwheel do not work the same way as pressed on keyboard. Is it possible to set pcb (in any way) to pan on mouse wheels and maybe zoom in/out on thumb buttons?

I'm sure that section of the manual is out of date (horribly).  The
menus in pcb (both lesstif and GTK HID's) are fully user configurable
via the pcb-menu.res (lesstif) and gpcb-menu.res (gtk) files.  If the
appropriate .res file is not found at startup then some compiled in
defaults are used.

Currently I believe that the lesstif HID allows you to define what the
mouse buttons do.  I'm not 100% sure of this.  That particular bit of
functionality isn't currently in the gtk HID.  Thats what the warning is
about.  One goal was for the gtk HID to be able to read any menu
resource file that the lesstif one does.  So the warning is there to let
you know it encountered something not fully implemented.

The mouse actions are hard coded at the moment.

-Dan