Re: gEDA-user: Using the currently available binary I end up with this response

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:27 PM, Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Cesar Strauss <cestrauss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Gregg Levine wrote:
>> [...]
>>> jimkirk@jimkirk:/usr/local/geda-0.0.2/bin$ ./geda
>>> /usr/local/geda-0.0.2/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:72:
>>> GtkWarning: could not open display
>>
>> Are you logging in using ssh? If so, you must use the -X option to be
>> able to run graphical applications within that ssh session.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Cesar
>
> Hello!
> Actually via VNC. However that first run was caused by running it on
> the KDE terminal. I just saw the same remark via VNC. I've just logged
> in via PUTTY, and I'll change the settings to do that.
>
> Well so far it seems to be working within a VNC shell logged through
> my user's ID.
>
> More later. Also thank you to all of you, and I owe you coffee and pastries RSN.
> -----
> Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@xxxxxxxxx
> "This signature was once found posting rude
>  messages in English in the Moscow subway."

Hello!
And now a new problem for us to consider.
It seems to be complaining about how the D-Bus library was setup. And
it's complaining about not being able to find the entry
/var/lib/dbus/machine-id it seems it wasn't setup.

This is from running the geda thing directly from the bin directory.

-----