Re: gEDA-user: Using the currently available binary I end up with this response

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 22:32 -0400, Gregg Levine wrote:

> Hello!
> And now a new problem for us to consider.
> It seems to be complaining about how the D-Bus library was setup. And
> it's complaining about not being able to find the entry
> /var/lib/dbus/machine-id it seems it wasn't setup.
>
> This is from running the geda thing directly from the bin directory.

xgsch2pcb (I think symlinked to "geda" in the binary distribution)
requires DBus to communicate with PCB.

It sounds like you haven't got DBus running on your remote login
session. That isn't entirely surprising, it usually only gets launched
with a full desktop session.

Try:

dbus-launch geda

(or)

dbus-launch xgsc2pcb

The missing machine-id may be more related to the "system bus", but I'm
not sure. If you just installed DBus, you might need a reboot (or to
restart its service), for that to be generated the first time.

Again.. what distro is this?

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,