gEDA-user: Hybrid hierarchy

Hi,

I'm working with a moderately complex design which uses a about 3 levels
of hierarchy in places. In others, I simply increment part-numbers
between sheets.

I've got a situation where I want to disable hierarchy mangling for a
single instantiated module, a relay bank ("X1") inside one of my output
stages ("X5").

The relay bank is defined with a hierarchy block, 8x pages
(autogenerated) which have relays tied to the appropriate IO symbols
with refdes as appropriate to the symbol which represents this block.

This gives "X5/X1/K1" "X5/X1/K2" etc...

What I'd like to do is instantiate this block without any "/X1" in the
refdes. IE.. turn name mangling off for this specific entity.

I tried deleting the "refdes=.." attribute for that block, and gnetlist
then treated the block's contents as top-level entities ("K1", "K2"
etc..).

I'm about to patch my gnetlist to keep the prefix up to this point, such
that they become:

"X5/K1", "X5/K2" etc..

Does anyone have any opinion as to whether this is sane?

(Future controls on such an instantiated block might be nice such as
having it respond to attributes such as "refdes_add=100" (to alter block
internal refdes in a different way).

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton