gEDA-user: Surface mount footprint pin pitch changes at different magnifications in PCB

   I'm using an h-bridge with a SO28 footprint.  The SO28 footprint in
   PCB has a .050 mil pitch which matches the spec for the chip.  When I
   place the footprint in PCB on a 1" x 1" inch card the pitch is
   correct.  My problem is that the actual card size is 6" x 4".  At this
   size the pitch starts to grow as you go from pin to pin.  It probably
   has something to do with the aspect ratio of the monitor or maybe the
   resolution of the printer/export but when I print out the etch pattern
   to make a home-made card the pins don't line up.
   Hopefully I described the problem well.  How can I account for this?
   Thanks