Re: gEDA-user: Surface mount footprint pin pitch changes at different magnifications in PCB

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 17:15:34 -0400
Rob Butts <r.butts2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I print out the etch pattern to make a home-made card the pins don't
> line up.

How are you printing? Using postscript? Or via another program - maybe
GIMP or so? Does that program have a fit-to-page function, which might
change the scale? Are you printing a letter format PCB onto an A4 page?
Think along those lines.

I've hit my head many times because some of the intermediate steps would
try to be too intelligent. If all that fails, make a 1" by 1" square
(or so) and look at each step if the size remains 1000x1000 mils. Some
programs that change postscript to bitraster to print it, take into
account screen resolution (80ppi/90ppi etc), and mess things up.

John