Re: gEDA-user: gschem's new pretty menus

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 21:09 -0500, Bill Gatliff wrote:
> Peter Clifton wrote:
> > On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 08:15 -0700, bgat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> >> Are there Debian packages?
> >>

> > No, sorry - this is just work-in-progress development code going towards
> > the 1.6.0 release.
> >
> > If you want to play with it, you'll have to checkout git HEAD:
> >
> > git clone git://git.gpleda.org/gaf.git
> >

> Ok, no problem.  Done already, in fact.  It built and ran fine on Debian
> squeeze with an amd-64 host.
>
> I certainly don't mean this the way it will sound, but what I ended up
> with looked visually just like what I had already with Debian's geda
> 1:1.4.3-2+b1 packages.  :)  But I'm not exactly a gaf power-user, so I
> can't spot subtle improvements or push anything very hard.
>
> I'll throw a schematic or two at it and see if anything "interesting"
> comes up.  I'm not expecting any surprises!

Compare rendering of text, and circles.. they should be smooth and
anti-aliased. The default grid is now a mesh, not dots. The component
selector lists attributes in the symbols you are browsing through, and
the multi-attrib editor will show them too (in grey).  Plus, hopefully
the icons in the menus etc...

If you don't see those things, you're not running 1.5.x. Did you
definitely have your search paths set to pick up the new version?

Nothing has changed too much in terms of interface though.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,