Re: gEDA-user: gschem's new pretty menus

On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 12:56 -0600, John Doty wrote:
> On Jun 7, 2009, at 12:48 PM, John Doty wrote:
>

> > On Jun 7, 2009, at 12:34 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:
> > at fits. It's the ones with underscores that are broken.
> >

> >> I'm not sure how you'd define an equivalent accelerator in Japanese
> >> though.
> >
> > Japanese use Roman letters for acronyms, often from English
> > translation, which seem related to accelerators. Nippon Denki Kaisha
> > becomes NEC, Nippon Electric Company. Japanese keyboards are set up
> > to type Roman letters as needed. So maybe no change is needed.
> >
> > But you really need to ask some 日本人, I'm just faking it.
> >

> Oh, I see you mean the Fn-key accelerators. I don't know. Never mind
> the difficulties of Japanese, how does one internationalize those at
> all?

The keybinding is extracted from the string, so if some translator, e.g.
Danish; changes "_Open" to "å_ben", then the new accelerator key will be
"b". I just don't know it if could be "_åben", or "_打开"

(PS. I don't speak Danish, or simplified Chinese.. but Google's
translator does).

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,