Re: gEDA-user: gschem's new pretty menus

On Jun 7, 2009, at 12:34 PM, Peter Clifton wrote:

> On Sun, 2009-06-07 at 12:31 -0600, John Doty wrote:

>>> Indeed. The Japanese translation has always been incomplete, but
>>> that
>>> may not matter. Most Japanese people can read some English, and I
>>> believe whoever did the translations simply kept the English
>>> where it
>>> would be clear to Japanese users. But I can't really judge: I'm in
>>> the mirror state, can read some Japanese.
>>
>> OK, this theory's nuts. 1.4.3.20081231 has a much more extensive set
>> of translations (although still not complete). Something's broken
>> here.
>
> Since I added the "_" to give the in-menu accelerators, they probably
> just need their msgids tweaking to match.

Yes, that fits. It's the ones with underscores that are broken.

> I'm not sure how you'd define an equivalent accelerator in Japanese
> though.

Japanese use Roman letters for acronyms, often from English
translation, which seem related to accelerators. Nippon Denki Kaisha
becomes NEC, Nippon Electric Company. Japanese keyboards are set up
to type Roman letters as needed. So maybe no change is needed.

But you really need to ask some 日本人, I'm just faking it.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx