gEDA-user: Can we fix the HTML stripping on this list?

In a multipart/alternative MIME document, the *last* alternative is
the one with "highest fidelity".  That means that a typical message sent
in both text/plain and text/html will have the text/html second in the
multipart/alternative.  The list software is filtering and replacing the
HTML with text/plain, generally producing a much worse plaintext than
the original mailer.  The result is multipart/alternative with TWO
text/plain sections, the second ("preferred") one being the mangled HTML.

Personally I advocate going back to NOT mangling the HTML, and I will
go on reading the list in my text only mailer which prefers the text/plain
section.  If we must keep mangling HTML, either remove it (if a text/plain
already exists) or properly order the sections so that the original
mailer's text/plain is preferred instead of the illegible output of the
list's filter.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>