Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Moving selected group of grid unintentionally

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 01:55:46AM +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> Maybe it would be better if snapping to pins and pads does not work when
> multiple elements are moved.

I don't like that idea.  I've definitely used paste to repeatedly place
groups (such as a short wire and a decoupling cap with via to gnd plane)
where I rely on snapping to pins (because I carefully set the mark of the
group on the end of the wire).

If you want "back on grid" and aren't fussy about which way you move,
you could probably make a binding with my distalign plugin.  The default
(unless you pass 'gridless') is to leave the affected objects on a grid.
So a Align(X) on a single item will put it back on the X grid.  So a key
binding to Align(X); Align(Y) would put one selected item back on the grid.
(Of course it would take a multi-selection and smash it all on top of
each other...)

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>