gEDA-user: Soldering supplies

   I'm getting some components on digikey and I also want to get some
   supplies to prototype some home-made circuit boards.  I haven't done
   tech work in years and have a new aide who hasn't done much soldering
   at all.  I want to get solder but want to get what's easiest to work
   with for surface mount as well as through hole.

   I've gone through some old posts and it looks like leaded solder is
   easiest.  I know this seems like a really dumb question but I want to
   make it as easy for my aide as possible.  Can someone recommend the
   easiest solder to work with (% lead, guage, type and maybe even
   melting point)?  I'm getting a flux pen and have a soldering iron with
   a small tip.

   Thanks