Re: gEDA-user: Soldering supplies

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Frank Miles<fpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since DJ mentioned impedance level concerns associated with different kinds
> of flux: please note that the flux pen shown in John Luciani's generally
> excellent recommendations leads to seriously low electrical conductivity.
> [At least for high-impedance analog circuits].
>
> It's a pretty aggressive flux, does a good job *as a flux*, just has a
> serious side-effect.

It is definitely aggressive. You really need to clean the board often with hot
water and a brush. I also keep isopropyl alcohol and a brush on my bench.

I have had a few circuits come back to life after a good cleaning. Now I
take a break every hour or so and clean. Also gives my eyes and back
a break ;)

(* jcl *)

--

You can't create open hardware with closed EDA tools.

http://www.luciani.org