gEDA-user: IPC Least/Nominal/Most

For hand soldering which footprint variation are people using?

My existing passive footprints are very generous in length making for
very easy assembly by hand. I would like to get some smaller footprints
that are not too difficult for hand assembly. The IPC M footprints
do not look too difficult. For an 0603 (1608 metric) there is apx
20mils of a pad beyond the component ends. With the 20mil
Metcal tip this should be too difficult.

For an automated assembly has anyone used the IPC L series
footprints? I am curious as to yield differences between L and
N series.

(* jcl *)

--

You can't create open hardware with closed EDA tools.

http://www.luciani.org