Re: gEDA-user: Question about gschem DRC errors when using separate power pin symbols.

On Jun 11, 2009, at 10:53 AM, Andy Fierman wrote:

> Perhaps I should ask a different question then ....
>
> Is there a better tool to use for gschem DRC?

No, and it's really hard to do well, because gEDA is so flexible.
What constitutes a DRC error depends on the details of *your* design
flow, circuit details, and requirements.

> In the meanwhile, I think I may add a comment to the pwr pins symbol
> to remind me that it will show up a refdes and slot error.

Always assume that the *majority* of drc2 complaints are bogus. Check
the netlist (as you did). Then you'll be able to use it. It's useful
if you understand that it is usually wrong, because occasionally it's
right and finds a problem that would be hard to find otherwise.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx