gEDA-user: Parenthesis and commas in pcb action arguments

I have some symbols that have pins with parenthesis in the name, which
cause problems when using ChangePinName to name the footprint's pin in
PCB the pin name from the symbol (i.e. using the gsch2pcb generated
script).  Commas in the pin name would cause problems as well.  It's
not a huge deal but somewhat annoying and might confuse users, and
it's not inconceivable that some other actions may want more flexible
string arguments.

Some solutions:

1. Keep the status quo for PCB and not allow parenthesis or commas in
action arguments.  gsch2pcb should be changed to strip those from pin
names when making the .cmd file and probably inform the user what is
going on

2. Allow quoted strings in the action arguments which are passed as
is.  This ends up with some some questions like how do you deal with
Action("foo" bar, baz) and you'd probably want to allow \" for a real
quotation mark.

3. Allow escaped characters in the action arguments, where \<char>
just passes <char> on without parsing it.

All three seem like pretty easy changes that I'd be happy to make if
there is a consensus of what is wanted; I would lean towards option 3.

Any thoughts?

Jared