gEDA-user: Layout recommendations for two mixed signal ICs

   Hello everybody,

   I'm laying out a board where I want to interface a TAOS TSL1401CS-LF
   linear array of photo diodes (pixels) to and Analog Devices ADUC7024
   microcontroller. The data is clocked out using digital logic, but each
   pixel produces an analog voltage that needs to be converted by the
   microcontroller.

   What is the best way to layout such a board? Should I split the ground
   planes, and if so should they be joined at the microcontroller or at
   photo diodes or somewhere else?

   Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! Best regards,

   Jasper Wesselingh