Re: gEDA-user: Parenthesis and commas in pcb action arguments

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 8:57 PM, DJ Delorie<dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I pushed this one.  It turns out we had a similar patch in the patch
> tracker, but I thought this one was better.  The other one, however,
> had a nifty feature - if the string had multiple actions, it would run
> all of them.  It would be nice if we could have that feature with this
> patch, since the function name *is* hid_parse_action*S* ;-)

Thanks.  Unless I'm missing something, hid_parse_actions() would
already (and still) runs multiple actions if they are there, seperated
by spaces. It could be more robust (currently if you put "Action1();
Action2();" it'll fail, cause it isn't expecting the ';'s) but it
should work if you use "Action1() Action2()".  In fact if I remember
right, the mouse resource patch I put in earlier relies on that.

Also, looks like a change uncommenting the "fprintf(stderr, "invoke:
`%s'\n", rstr);" line got added to the patch before commit.

> Other action-related thoughts...

<snip>

> I think if we did that, the lesstif hid could be changed to just call
> the common routine and remove a lot of replicated code.

I'll take a look at this when I get a chance, since I was just looking
at that code.

Jared