Re: gEDA-user: Investigating gEDA for commercial use

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 11:07 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> Peter Baxendale is almnost there with his cygwin port. He does it once a
> year to serve the local students. For whoever missed the announcement
> last month: I put the latest port by Peter along with the latest direct
> windows port by Cesar for download on my wiki in Hannover. I will update
> as soon as one of them releases a new version.

I should say that this is just a cygwin build, and it's now rather old,
but it certainly works - tested by students. It's also available on my
own web page (www.dur.ac.uk/peter.baxendale/stuff, please ignore the
other ancient stuff there) but without the helpful text that Kai-Martin
provides. I'll be building it again this summer for the new academic
year.

I'm also going to go for a native windows build, but last time I tried
that it wasn't too successful with gschem or pcb (gerbv worked fine). If
it goes ok, of course I'll make it available, but I have to say I'm no
Windows expert. Unfortunately I don't have as much time as I would like
to spend on this, and to be honest, if I could persuade our people to
dual boot Linux I wouldn't bother at all.

Peter Baxendale                       University of Durham
peter.baxendale@xxxxxxxxxxxx          School of Engineering
tel +44 191 33 42492                  South Road
fax +44 191 33 42408                  Durham DH1 3LE
                                      England