gEDA-user: Investigating gEDA for commercial use

Hi all,

We are looking for a new set of EDA tools at work and have investigated
both CadStar and Altium so far.  I have asked my boss to consider gEDA,
on the basis that it probably does 95% of what we need it to and it may
be cheaper to pay for/sponsor development of missing features than the
cost of the alternative tools.

First, are there any experienced gEDA users around the south coast of
England who would be amenable to giving us a demonstration of the gEDA
tools and workflow?  (I've only recently started to dabble with it and
can't really do it justice.)

Second, are there any developers who would consider taking on paid
development of features?  Obviously I don't know what those features may
yet be, however I can say that not all of us use Linux, so at the least
we would need:

1. a maintained Windows binary installer; and
2. some simple GUI project/workflow manager -- can't really expect the
Windows users to manually edit project files and use the command line.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Chris Smith <cjs94@xxxxxxxxxx>