Re: gEDA-user: Investigating gEDA for commercial use

Thanks to all who responded, on- and off-list.  My boss took a good look
at gEDA over the weekend and, while he's very impressed with the tools,
he believes CadStar or Altium are a better fit for us at this point.
Obviously I'm disappointed, but at least I tried. :)

As a Linux user this puts me in an unfortunate situation, as neither of
the above tools has a Linux version.  This means I will have to try one
of three options:

1. use gschem for capture (I won't be doing layout), producing suitable
output for CadStar/Altium PCB layout -- unlikely, I think, as it will
only be one-way so things like back annotation probably won't work;

2. use CadStar/Altium under WINE; or

3. use CadStar/Altium in a VMWare/VirtualBox session.

I know I'm heading off-topic here, but I'd appreciate hearing from
anyone who has tried any of the above, whether successful or not.

Thanks,
Chris
--
Chris Smith <cjs94@xxxxxxxxxx>