Re: gEDA-user: Investigating gEDA for commercial use

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:21:36AM +0100, Chris Smith wrote:

> 3. use CadStar/Altium in a VMWare/VirtualBox session.

My primary desktop is a Windows XP box.  I started out using gschem
and PCB with the Cygwin X server.  It worked, but running them "directly"
under Ubuntu on a VMWare Player is muuuch faster.  VNC was significantly
worse than both (at least for PCB, which is where I spend the bulk of
my time).

If you want to use VMWare, try http://www.easyvmx.com/ (free website
that will make VMs) + VMWare Player (free download).

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>