Re: gEDA-user: Investigating gEDA for commercial use

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:21:36 +0100, Chris Smith wrote:

> he believes CadStar or Altium are a better fit for us at this point.
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Even if it is -- There are implications for the future. Altium has
already demonstrated the stubbornness to neglect their low profile
customers. At my former day-job, we were less than unhappy with the way
protel98 suite was morphed into altium designer.

> 2. use CadStar/Altium under WINE; or
>
> 3. use CadStar/Altium in a VMWare/VirtualBox session.

I tried both back then, when altium was still called protel98 and vmware
was the only vialble virtualization option. Result: protel failed
miserably under wine but worked at reasonable speed with vmware.

---<(kaimartin)>---