Re: gEDA-user: Display issues: grid & lines missing in gschem

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Peter TB Brett<peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thursday 18 June 2009 20:53:59 Mark Rages wrote:
>> >
>> > There is a define in the top level "Makefile". It defaults to prefixing
>> > in $HOME/geda/...
>> >
>> > so if you ran the build as root (unnecessary really), it will default
>> > to /root/geda/...
>>
>> Why don't we default to /usr/local like every other Unix program?
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_least_astonishment
>
> If all goes as planned, we will soon.

cool.  you can switch off all those messages about $PATH diddling too.

Is there going to be a "make" target that builds without installing?
So I don't have to build as root to install in a root-owned $PREFIX?

Will it be possible to build outside the source tree?

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--