Re: gEDA-user: Display issues: grid & lines missing in gschem

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 15:06 -0500, Mark Rages wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Peter TB Brett<peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> cool.  you can switch off all those messages about $PATH diddling too.

Possibly

> Is there going to be a "make" target that builds without installing?
> So I don't have to build as root to install in a root-owned $PREFIX?

I already managed that with a one .orig.tar.gz Debian build, but it was
a little nasty. I think when Peter B has finished his work, it will be
possible much more elegantly.

> Will it be possible to build outside the source tree?

AFAIK, this is possible already - but I doubt it gets tested very often.
IIRC, make distcheck does verify that it is possible though (and we
ensure that passes for each release), so it might "just work".

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,