Re: gEDA-user: hierarchy and refdes_renum

On Jun 24, 2009, at 3:22 PM, Christoph Lechner wrote:

> I'm planning a stepper motor card for 4 motors, so I wanted to put the
> motor drivers and all the stuff around in one subcircuit.
> The problem is that for example the out-1.sym instrace called HOME
> (=the
> HOME pin of the symbol) is renamed into HOME1 by gnetlist. I run
> gnetlist only on the subcircuit. Don't know if it's OK to do so ...

In that approach, you run gnetlist on the top level schematic to
produce a flat netlist, as required by may (most?) printed circuit
layout programs. Running gnetlist on the subcircuit will treat the IO
connectors as physical components.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx