gEDA-user: Freedog-like groups in Southern California?

Hello gEDA/PCB users,

I wonder, is there perchance a local user group in Southern California
similar to the Freeedaug on the East Coast?  Or if there is no
established group, are there any individual gEDA/PCB users in Southern
California who might be interested in starting such a group?

I would really like to find someone local from whom I could learn how to
use PCB for simple tasks.  Because of the way my brain is wired, tasks
that are inherently graphical by their nature (such as PCB layout) are
very unnatural and difficult for me, so I know I will probably never do
my own complex PCB layouts of professional quality, instead I'll have to
outsource them like I did with the OSDCU (Ineiev did an outstanding job
in my opinion!), however, I would like to at least be able to do simple
things with PCB.  I would like to be able to view existing layouts and
examine areas of interest to me, make minor edits and do my own layouts
of very simple boards that have maybe 2 or 3 components and fewer than
10 or so traces.

My difficulty is that my disability when it comes to graphical tasks
makes it harder for me than it would be for an average person, so whereas
a "normal" person would have no difficulty learning how to use PCB from
the various resources on the web, I think I would need to learn from
someone I can interact with in person.  Hence I wonder if there is
anyone local in Southern California who would be willing to teach me
some basic use of the PCB GUI.

I do have pcb-20081128 installed and working with the lesstif HID on my
Slackware Linux laptop.

MS