Re: gEDA-user: RFC: Towards a better symbol/package pin-mapping strategy

Dave N6NZ wrote:

> Agreed.  I've felt that way since the beginning -- for the same reason
> that you mentioned: changing package.  For me, it's pretty annoying to
> have to replace the schematic symbol to go from through-hole to surface
> mount just because the pin numbers are different.

It just occurred to me that the problem is what a
computer-science-type-guy would call one of "namespace".

Symbol pin numbers and footprint pin numbers come from the same
namespace in gaf's implementation.  They shouldn't.

That is all.  :)

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff