Re: gEDA-user: RFC: Towards a better symbol/package pin-mapping strategy

John Doty wrote:

> How does your plan differ, except by making the process more
> complicated? You have to put the information *somewhere*. For maximum
> ease and flexibility, put it in your project's copy of the relevant
> symbol. You don't need to implement or learn *any* additional
> capability beyond what Hs gives you.

But the information that's in *my* project will be identical to what's
in everyone else's project.  That's a waste.  And it also makes it more
labor-intensive to switch footprints, something that I think the tool
should be able to deal with for me.

Feel free to continue hand-crafting your own symbols.  I'd rather a
slightly different path.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff