gEDA-user: Placing big amount of parts to the schematic (automatically...)

Hi,

I have to design a board full of leds and a few additional parts.

I already designed a similar board, but it wasn't necessary to made schematic, since there was only 2 components excluding leds (one connector, and a resistor). So I created a script to place the leds automatically, and then I put the additional parts manually.

But no the case is somewhat different, since it is necessary to add more parts to every line of led strings. So I need to create schematic as well.

I think all of you can feel that putting 600+ leds to schematic and changing refdes manually is a _little bit_ boring:-) (And takes quite long time.)

Did anyone have ever faced problem like this? Do any of you have idea or a shareable tool for this purpose?

Thx,

/sza2