Re: gEDA-user: Next problem, PCB looses rats

I found where I have moved a component slightly a caused a short
  between ground an power. I got all that fixed. But every time I start
  to run the power buss, I reach a point where pins are highlighted
  green, but the rat lines disappear, and the DRC makes it impossible to
  run a trace to the pin. I have to keep saving the layout, exiting the
  program, and starting over. Even reloading the net list and displaying
  the rat lines does not help. This is slowing things down quit a bit.
  But I don't think I can build a 4 layer board at home, and with only
  two layers, there is no ground an power planes, so I want the power and
  ground lines thick and well laid out, so I don't want to rey
  autorouting just yet. What I am doing wrong this time
There is one known shortcoming with PCB (iirc): if you create a "copper island" somewhere, that is a copper area not connected to anything with a know net, this gets a hidden ID and is not treated as undefined. So if you layout a strip of copper you intend to become part of e.g. ground later, once you want to connect it to a known ground you have to turn off auto-DRC for this one connection. As long as that area is not shorted to anything else
the next rats-optimization should show no trouble.
Don't forget to turn on auto-DRC again after the deliberate "forced shorting".

HTH, Armin