Re: gEDA-user: Next problem, PCB looses rats

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 15:14 -0700, Mike Bushroe wrote:
> OK, I have the layout. I found that some symbols don't have explicit OR
>    implicit power connections. Others use VDD and VSS instead of Vcc and
>    GND. I found where I have moved a component slightly a caused a short
>    between ground an power. I got all that fixed. But every time I start
>    to run the power buss, I reach a point where pins are highlighted
>    green, but the rat lines disappear, and the DRC makes it impossible to
                               ^___ not sure why, perhaps you hit "e"
for erase rats?

>    run a trace to the pin. I have to keep saving the layout, exiting the
>    program, and starting over. Even reloading the net list and displaying
>    the rat lines does not help. This is slowing things down quit a bit.
                   ^___ If you hit "o" for optimize rats, to re-show the
rats, does that help?

If not... try switching off Settings->"Auto enforce DRC clearance". That
will stop the DRC checker getting in the way of routing tracks.

If the board isn't confidential, perhaps send it (or a snippet) along
with instructions to reproduce the problem, and someone will take a look
to see what the problem might be.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton