Re: gEDA-user: Use of Alt+Mouse1 (was: Next problem, PCB looses rats)

On tis, 2010-06-15 at 01:33 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 00:32:09 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> >> Do we use alt for anything else?  Would alt-click interfere with window
> >> managers?
> >
> > Metacity / compiz have that as a short-cut for dragging windows around.
>
> With metacity this is configurable:
> MainMenu -> System -> Windows -> MovementKey
> This setting can be either "Alt", or "Super (Windows logo)"
>
> I don't know about compiz but expect it to be configurable , too.
>
> If the proposed modified drag is caught with some settings of some window
> managers then the affected users are in the same situation like now.
> Everybody else would gain a shortcut to a frequently needed action.

All the window managers i have used have all used Alt+Mouse1 for
dragging windows around by default, but most of them have the option of
reconfiguring this. The ones i have used (and remember now) are:
fluxbox, evilwm, ratpoison, metacity, compiz

/Jonatan