Re: gEDA-user: Power rail net clarification

   Thank you!

   On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Felipe De la Puente Christen
   <[1]fdelapuente@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     Hi Nikos,
            I am new to gEDA(working on my first project for some months
     so far)
     and had similar doubts(solved) some time ago.

   On Sat, 2010-06-19 at 08:42 -0600, Nikos Arechiga wrote:
   > Hello,
   >    I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. When I
   >    instantiate a power rail, there is an inherited attribute called
   "net"
   >    with a default value of VCC:1, which I cannot change.

     This inherited attribute gets promoted to the schematic when you add
     the
     symbol, and you can edit it to your needs.

   >  My understanding
   >    is that if I add my own net attribute, say net=VCC:3V

     >    Is this correct?
      I see a misunderstanding here. I had the same error at the
     beggining.
      The net attribute has the syntax: NET_NAME:PIN_NUMBER_ASSOCIATED.
     So, in net=Vcc:1, NET_NAME = Vcc and PIN_NUMBER_ASSOCIATED = 1.
     The correct way would be something like net=VCC3V:1.
     Note the ":" character has a special meaning in net attributes, so
     you
     cannot use it as part of the identification of the net.
     Best Regards, Felipe.
     PS: Since I made the mistake on lot of nets before realizing the
     error
     and found unnecessary to explicitly write the pinnumber associated
     with
     a net in symbols with only one pin, I made a patch for gnetlist to
     assume an implicit ":1" suffix on nets with names lacking the
     pinnumber
     part(so you can have net=VCC3V instead of net=VCC3V:1) but you will
     have
     to apply the patch to your local copy of the code and recompile
     gnetlist
     if you want to try it out.
     --
     Felipe De la Puente Christen