Re: gEDA-user: Power rail net clarification

Hello Nikos,

The net attribute inside a symbol has the form
net=signalname:pinname,pinname,pinname
Please also see: http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:na_howto
In your case pin 1 and pin 3V are both connected to VCC.
So probably you want something like net=3V:1 or net=3V:pwr

If you instantiate a power rail you can double click on this symbol and
you will get the attribute dialogue window. In this window you click the
"Show inherited attributes" box. Now you should see the net attribute.
right click on the net attribute and select promote. Now you should have
two attributes, the promoted one you can edit and will prevail over the
old one.

I hope this helps.
Regards, Robert.

Hello,
   I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. When I
   instantiate a power rail, there is an inherited attribute called "net"
   with a default value of VCC:1, which I cannot change. My understanding
   is that if I add my own net attribute, say net=VCC:3V, that attribute
   will override the inherited one. I will not have this power rail
   connected to both the VCC:1 net and the VCC:3V net, only the VCC:3V
   net.
   Is this correct?
   Thanks,
   --Nikos Arechiga