Re: gEDA-user: PCB "import schematic"

On 26 June 2010 11:22, Gareth Edwards <gareth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 26 June 2010 11:17, Gareth Edwards <gareth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm having difficulty getting the new Import Schematic function in PCB
>> working. I've set "import::mode" attribute to "gnetlist" and
>> "import:sch0" to my schematic filename. Running :Import() appears to
>> do nothing, and the message log says
>>
>> "Can't add rat lines because no netlist is loaded."

OK, looks like PCB "make install" always puts the gnet-pcbfwd.scm file
into $(datadir)/gEDA/scheme, which kind of assumes gaf and PCB are
installed in the same place.

The autotools setup for gaf allows the PCB install directory to be
specified on the ./configure command line - is it arguable that the
setup for PCB should allow the gaf install directory to be specified
on the ./configure command line too? I'll work up a patch and stick it
on the tracker anyway.

Cheers
Gareth