Re: gEDA-user: Fixing the attribute censorship bug

On Jun 3, 2011, at 12:08 AM, DJ Delorie wrote:

>>> The only reason we can't do that at the moment is that the file
>>> format doesn't support removing an attribute.
>>
>> I don't understand. (gnetlist:get-package-attribute) could easily
>> return '() or #f if you wish. What does the file format have to do
>> with this?
>
> The *.sch file has no way of replacing a symbol's "footprint=0603"
> with "no footprint specified".

That's the toolkit's way of telling you to choose a light symbol ;-)

Seriously, I don't think it's the responsibility of a tool to hide unnecessary complexity introduced at a lower level. It makes more sense to me to build up complex things from simple things, rather than the other way around.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx